Friday, October 2, 2009

Hallowe'en Nurse


Since Hallowe'en is in a few weeks, I was wondering, what do you think of sexy nurse costumes?
Last year, I thought it would be sort of funny and ironic to dress up as a sexy nurse. This year, the more I think about it, the more I regret doing it. The whole concept of nurses being the target of male sexual fantasies undermines and demoralizes the nursing profession. It goes against all efforts to advance nursing from a subservient, feminized profession to a more independent and respected profession. Besides, when have you ever seen a male nurse costume?
What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I dont like the slutty anything costumes. If you wanna look slutty and get a free pass just go as a hooker. One year I went as a zombie nurse. I had scrubs coved and splattered with blood and a jack o lantern pail with a few fake brains in it. It was pretty cool.
    The funny thing is most people thought I was a zombie doctor. GRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the costume, but as your boyfriend, I may have been less concerned with the mysoginization of your profession and more focused on your legs

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol it doesn't bother me. not any different than sexy teachers...but it is more distrubing with the sexy school girl or nun..so go as a sexy nurse...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! All your comments are really appreciated.