Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Giving thanks


Yesterday, for all you Canadians, was Thanksgiving. Today, I am overstuffed with a weekend full of turkey, dressing, carrot cake, carrot soup, vegetables, and ice-cream cake.

Traditionally, on Thanksgiving, you are supposed to reflect on what you are thankful for. Here are some of mine:

1) Almost finishing school, and entering a profession that allows me to meet many different people and positively affect their lives.
2) Having a boyfriend that is intelligent, passionate, works hard and is good at having fun too.
3) Long walks in the sunshine with my dog.
4) Hot baths and a warm bed after a long, busy shift. Actually, hot baths and a warm bed anytime.
5) A good, supportive family that loves me.

3 comments:

  1. Over in the UK the closest we get to thanksgiving is in churches for harvest festival. The essence is being grateful and sharing what we have with others, but to me we could well benefit from a holiday such as Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for a relaxing, if brief, weekend home, where I can be with the ones I love, and forget about law for a while.

    I'm thankful for a girlfriend who can celebrate my successes as well as her own, and is supportive of the time commitment those kind of things take.

    I'm also thankful for a spacious apartment in whihc we will be living in a few months, where we can hold each other all night long, and wake up together in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this post from us, this is really informative and useful for me thanks again

    NNursing Courses in Melbourne

    Education Consultants in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! All your comments are really appreciated.